We've moved. Well, WE haven't moved, but our posts have.
We've taken our blog private. If you want to come play (you know you do), leave a comment here with your email address, or send me an email at:
leggo_my_meg-o@juno.com
and tell me who you are, and I'll send an invite your way...I am easily bought with flattery...and good food if you live nearby.
For those who HAVE been invited, come visit! You're missing out!
Kewpie
4 days ago
10 comments:
I tried and it wouldn't let me in!
kiwi_583@yahoo.com
pleeeeease invite me :)
Oh please meg! Pick me, pick me!
caitylady18@yahoo.com
There. You have it. My fate rests in your hands!
Kurt & Tessa
kurtessa@yahoo.com
Why oh why am I not on the invite list? I left my e-mail some time ago. Please add me: btnoyes@yahoo.com
Thank you to pieces!!!
If you're not at your 100 person/invite limit...care to let me in?
emariewe@aol.com
hey meg. i'm aaron rutman's wife (and a childhood friend of your husband). i just had to tell you what a small world it is. i noticed you made comments on my friend sarah allred's blog. she's my long lost favorite mission companion whom i recently found again. anyway, we're all connected! i'm not much of a blog stalker, but do aaron and i get an invite to your private blog?
Hey I was wondering what happened to you guys. I would love to be added to your new blog.
Meg--your comment on Ana's knockoffwood post sounded A: childish; I was kind of embarrassed for you and B: a lot like sour grapes for someone whose blog is obviously considerably more successful than yours. You might want to measure your words more carefully next time.
At least I don't hide behind the guise of 'Anonymous'.
You mistake my advice for sour grapes. I build furniture, too.
I am simply trying to help Ana realize that what she is doing is stealing the intellectual property of someone else. Ana did not dream up that the Pottery Barn changing system should have a shelf here and a drawer there. A designer for Pottery Barn did. Using their title and their photo and slapping her name next to a map of their design is stealing.
Ana's plans for the Restoration Hardware Farmhouse table offer very little support for that fat cantilever she suggests putting on the ends... and all it would take is for a child to hang on the end for it to pop off and possibly hurt someone. I doubt Restoration Hardware wants their name associated with that...especially when they paid a professional Timothy Oulton (the artisan Ana is stealing from) to design it. These companies would be foolish NOT to contact her and be sure she disassociates her copy of their work with their actual work.
If she wants to post plans that she calls her own, she should create her own, rather than copy the masterpiece (over priced, yes, but a masterpiece nonetheless) and claim the plans are hers.
I think it's great that Ana is getting people to build their own furniture. I just think she should be concerned, rather than flattered and jumping for joy, that she is being outed for taking credit for something she did not invent.
Does that make me sound childish?
my name is Meg, btw.
Post a Comment